The Good George Hospitality Group is locally owned and operated. We are a group built on true team development and involvement that recognises and understands the importance of each individual. The Good George Hospitality Group is dedicated to providing outstanding customer experiences - we are champions of great beer, ciders and gin, and we're passionate about great food and good times.
Good Union is the heart of Good George in the Waipa District. We are distinctively located in the historic “old pink Church” in Cambridge; an iconic building that holds many wonderful memories for many locals. Our beer and cider is celebrated alongside a passionate team that provide great customer service and is backed by a talented team of chefs producing an outstanding range of food using quality, local ingredients and products.
If you are a talented chef that enjoys getting stuck in, leading and motivating a busy team, and have extensive culinary knowledge then we want YOU!
Due to the resignation of a highly valued team member, we are now looking for the next superstar to join our kitchen team. Whilst this role is advertised as a “Sous Chef”, the successful applicant will need to be happy to get stuck into all aspects of the kitchen. Your experience will not guarantee success in this role, so we are looking for a person, not a CV.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop, has a positive ‘can do’ attitude, is passionate about helping people to excel, have high quality standards in cooking and Food Safety, and leads by example.
Unfortunately, we do have some pre-requisites for this role. These are:
- NZ Citizen/ Resident or NZ work visa holder (sorry team, this role will not be a sponsorship role at this stage)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced kitchen
- Not afraid of some hard work (getting stuck in is part of all of our roles)
- An ability to work within a team without an ego.
- Previous kitchen experience at least CDP level.
- A passion for good food.
- Great communication skills.
- Enjoy learning, progressing and working as part of a team.
- A professional attitude and great personal presentation.
- NZ Level 4 or 5 Diploma in Cookery qualification.
Some extra perks of the role:
- Supportive leadership that wants to help
- Great team benefits & incentives
- Flexibility within the roster to have a life
- Cheap promo beer & cider from an epic award-winning brewery
Thanks for reading to the end, and I look forward to hearing from those interested!